Monday 30 August 2010

Mint Chocolate Chip Muffins

I popped into town to meet my best friend for a coffee and we decided to have a look around some book shops. I bought a new baking book which boasts 1001 recipes. I got home and flicked through the pages. “But where to start with 1001 recipes?!?” I wailed to Jim. I ended up texting my friend and asking her to pick a number between 1 and 1001. Then these cropped up. I probably wouldn’t have given them a go but they are delicious.

Adapted from 1001 Cupcakes, Cookies and Other Tempting Treats

Ingredients

280gr plain flour

1tsp baking powder

Pinch of salt

115gr caster sugar

100gr plain chocolate chips

250ml milk

6tbsp vegetable oil

2tsp peppermint essence

Method

1, Preheat oven to 200o/c and line a 12 holed muffin tin with muffin cases

2, Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl

3, Blend all the wet ingredients together in another bowl or large jug

4, Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients.

5, Gently mix the two together using a spatula until just combined.

6, Divide evenly between the 12 muffin cases.

7, Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden, well risen and firm to the touch.

8, Cool on a wire cooling rack and dust with icing sugar before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment