Thursday 2 September 2010

Lemon, Black Pepper and White Chocolate Cookies

If I could pick a favourite type of chocolate it would have to be dark. Wave a bar of anything over 75% cocoa and I’m yours. This hasn’t got me into trouble yet but I suspect it will. But, every now and then I just want something sweet. And my sweet tooth can be very specific about what it wants…

I felt a pang of sadness when I found out Kshocolat had gone into administration. Sweet Tooth wanted one of their Lemon and Pepper white chocolate bars and there was an ominous gap in the shelf. Something bad had happened.

Adapted from this recipe

Makes 12 (ish)

Ingredients

100gr white chocolate

125gr unsalted butter

175gr golden caster sugar

1 egg

1tsp vanilla essence

Grated zest of one lemon

3/4tsp ground black pepper

150gr plain flour

1/2 tsp baking powder

Method

Preheat oven to 190o/c and line two large baking trays

1, Melt the butter and add it to the sugar in a bowl

2, Stir in the egg, vanilla, lemon zest and black pepper

3, Sift in the flour and baking powder and mix well

4, Place dessertspoonfuls onto the baking tray well apart

5, Bake for 8 to 10 minutes

6, Leave to cool on the baking sheets for a couple of minutes before moving onto a wire cool rack to cool through


5 comments:

  1. Interesting flavors... doesn't seem up my alley, but you sure do love them it sounds like. I might just have to try them anyways. I love baking new things!

    http://dafoodieadventures.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does sound a little strange but it works quite well! They are nice without the black pepper though =D
    I love you rainbow cupcakes by the way! The colours are so bright!
    x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting combination of ingredients for cookies. Will have to try out your recipe before I pass judgment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Montezuma's white chocolate 3 peppercorn bars are one of the few white chocolate bars I like, so can see you might be on to something here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved that bar too, also with white chocolate scepticism. Not all are created equal, eh?
    Missing that bar (and the chilli choc-enrobed almonds) led to me also going the imitative cookies, cake and madeleine route in homage. They were indeed truly onto something!

    ReplyDelete