Friday 24 September 2010

Mini Baked Doughnuts

As part of my little work funfair bites, I made little baked doughnuts.


I used to be fascinated by those doughnut machines by the seaside when I was younger. The ones with the huge vat of batter at one end and the river of oil with the flipper in the middle? Like these ones!

I decided to make baked ones (not just because my new doughnut tin turned up *cough cough*) but because two day old fried doughnuts aren’t brilliant…


Makes around 24 mini doughnuts

Ingredients

140gr plain flour

80gr golden caster sugar

1tsp baking powder

½ tsp salt

1 egg

2 tbsp melted but cooled butter (plus extra for greasing)

250ml buttermilk

Method

Preheat oven to 180o/c

1, In one bowl sift together all the dry ingredients

2, In another bowl/jug mix in the wet ingredients together well

3, Pour the wet ingredients onto the dry ingredients and stir until just combined, like muffin batter

4, Line your mini doughnut tin well with melted butter and dust onto of that a little more plain flour, just to make sure they don’t stick. If your using a silicone mould then this shouldn’t be a problem!

5, Fill each little doughnut indent about half full with the batter. It is a pretty sticky and gloopy batter so I ended up putting it into a freezer bag, snipping off one of the corners and using it like a makeshift piping bag.

6, Bake for around 4-5 minutes until firm to the touch and risen.

7, Remove from the oven and take the doughnuts out of the tin and cool on a cooling rack.

8, Dip in icing and sprinkles, or chocolate, or douse with icing sugar or whatever takes your fancy. I know the next batch I’m making will involve cinnamon sugar…!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Homemade doughnuts? They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I just made baked donuts yesterday :3 They were delicious and disappeared immediately! I love the sprinkles on these, wish I'd thought of that.

    ReplyDelete