Sunday 19 September 2010

Rum Cupcakes

Avast me hearties!


It’s International Talk Like A Pirate Day and the last day of National Cupcake Week so why not celebrate them both together!


I love how fun Talk Like A Pirate Day actually is. However, I share it with my birthday and that leaves me open to choruses of ‘Arrr! ‘Appy Birfday’ from my friends and family!

I got these little cupcake cases one of my friends for my birthday! I am actually in love with them!


Preheat oven to 180o/c

Ingredients

100gr golden caster sugar

25gr brown sugar

2tbsp golden syrup

125gr butter

2 eggs

25ml (1 UK measure) dark rum

135gr flour

Method

1, Cream together the sugars, syrup and golden syrup

2, Beat in the eggs and the rum

3, Sift in the flour and mix until smooth

4, Line a 12 hole bun tin with cupcake liners and fill them equally with batter

5, Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown and an inserted skewer comes out clean.

6, Transfer the cupcakes onto a cooling rack and make a simple buttercream recipe (cream together 175gr icing sugar with 75gr soft butter and mix in 2tsps of dark rum) and pipe or spread on top of the cool cupcakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment