Tuesday 7 September 2010

We Should Cocoa: Chocolate Chambord Truffles

I was looking through some baking blogs and I stumbled on two great blogs (here and here) and their new monthly challenge! I have a penchant of anything chocolate based so I thought I would give it a go!

The special ingredient this month is Raspberries and being hosted by Chele at Chocolate Teapot and the first thing that popped into my head is Chambord, a raspberry liqueur. It's the basis of my favourite cocktail (French Martini... Mmm...) so I thought I would make truffles with it!


So, Chocolate Chambord Truffles!


Ingredients

200gr plain dark chocolate (70% minimum)

200ml double cream

3 dessert spoonfuls of Chambord

Method

1, Melt the chocolate in a bain-marie and remove from the heat and heat the cream in a separate saucepan over a low heat until just simmering but not boiling.

2, Add the Chambord into the cream, whisk briefly and pour over the chocolate and whisk together until smooth and glossy.

3, Pour into a small bowl, cover with clingfilm and leave overnight to set.

4, When the ganache has set, lay out a dinner plate sprinkled with cocoa powder and using a teaspoon dig out lumps of the hard ganache, roll into balls and roll in cocoa.

5, Serve!


5 comments:

  1. These look fantastic..what a great idea for We Should Cocoa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fab truffles, what a lovely idea. Lucie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your truffles sound amazing. I'm always impressed with those that make truffles. I tried them once and they were a complete disaster so haven't dared try them again. Chambord sounds delicious - haven't come across a raspberry liqueur before. Glad you've entered our challenge.

    ReplyDelete