Sunday 2 January 2011

Bad Runner


This is me after a 5k race.  The smile is an illusion, I felt like dying. 

I used this little app for training.  It’s actually very good but I haven’t completed it yet.  I always get up to Week 7 and then just stop.  It’s ridiculous to have such a mental block.  Problem is, when I stop, I stop. Then the I look at the app when I am at work and it tells me the last time I went for a run.  The last time I went for a run was in October.  This is bad.

I want to be able to comfortably run 5k.  This year is the fourth time I will run Race for Life for Cancer Research and I need to make the person I do it for, proud.  

I don’t want to bore you all with blogging about running but I need to put something down and out as motivation.  So here goes.  Week 7… I’m coming for you… Maybe not in shorts, something a lot warmer!

5 comments:

  1. The run will benefit you and the cause! I admire your determination - Good luck! Have a Delicious New year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't look like you're dying, you look amazing! Thanks for the link to the app - I need a bit more motivation on the running front too (I also need a better sense of direction after going for one yesterday and getting lost!) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh good for you! I would be happy with 1k!! My hubby is training for a marathon at the moment, and I wish I could just get up and go with him...but I can't....I have to get the train to work:( good luck! and happy 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't run for four years now so I am very impressed with ANY efforts to get out and get running! Well done.
    And, by the way, you won the Inspiration Chain give away on my blog - can you email me your address please - my email is on my profile.
    Lou.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Bonnie! Hope you have a brilliant new year too!

    App is actually quite brilliant, Kitchenmaid, they have forums which can be accessed directly from the app which are a great source for info on running in very hot or very cold weather, injuries and general tips and encouragement!

    Thanks Victoria! Marathon sounds insane to me at the moment! Good luck to your hubby though!

    Thanks very much Please Do Not Feed The Animals!

    ReplyDelete