Tuesday 25 January 2011

Stylish Blogger Award



A huge, huge thank you to freerange girl over at This Yorkshire Life for awarding it to me!

I’d like to pass this on to some of my favourite bloggers! (Sorry, if you have already received this)





This award comes with a condition, I have to tell you seven things about me:-

1, I have hyperextension in my elbows.  This freaks people out when I pick things up and my elbow goes all crazy and bends in a stupid direction.  I don’t pick up heavy things in front of people I don’t know

2, I have two older sisters and an older brother.  I love having a big family. 

3, I work in a huge Georgian town house conversion.  It’s drafty, creaky and the windows shake when the wind blows.  It’s the most amazing building mainly because it’s a rabbit warren of rooms and corridors.  I have my own office and my desk looks like Hello Kitty threw up all over it.  Stops people stealing my pens.  Especially when they have a giant cartoon Japanese cat staring back at them…

4, I worked for a term at my local college assisting students with varying forms of autism. It was an amazing experience and I met some of the greatest young adults. 
  
5, I’m starting pole dancing lessons tomorrow.  I’m a little nervous!

6, I have a pea phobia.  Yes, the vegetable.  An example of how embarrassing this is:- In Sainsburys on Sunday, where I had just finished putting the last of our shopping on the belt.  I reached over and put down the dividery things and the bloke behind me, reached into his basket, pulled out a bag of frozen peas the size of a newborn baby and thumped them down.  I had to fight my way to behind Jim whilst getting tangled in the trolley.  Smooth…

7, Spring is my favourite month and I’m already overly excited.  Followed by Autumn.  I love the transition seasons.  And daffodils.  Mainly daffodils.  

3 comments:

  1. Awww, thanks so much!
    I can't wait for the daffodils either. Mind you, I think the snow drops are beginning to come up - I love them too!
    Your phobia sounds pretty extreme! Ha ha.
    Good luck with the pole dancing - very brave!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much - made my day! Good luck with the pole dancing! Let me know if you can move your arms the next day - I couldn't when I did it!! Just bought my first daffs yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting to hear about your pea phobia. My colleague at work has a phobia of puff pastry which I find fascinating!

    ReplyDelete