Sunday 5 February 2012

Brunch: Snowy Eggs


Eggs on a cloud? Nah, Snowy Eggs!

Ingredients
For Two
2 slices of bread
2 eggs
Two large pinches of finely chopped coriander
Small pinch of dried chilli flakes
Salt and pepper

Method
1, Preheat your oven to 175C, toast the bread lightly on both sides and place on a lined baking tray
2, Separate your eggs gently, keeping the yolks intact and whisk the egg whites until soft to medium peaks.
3, Stir through the coriander, chilli and season to taste.
4, Spoon the fluffy whites onto the toast and make a well in each. Gently slide the yolks into the dips.
5, Bake the eggs for 10-12 minutes until the egg whites are hot through. Serve immeditely.
I'm entering this eggy delight into the Breakfast Club, the brainchild of Helen at Fuss Free Flavours and this month is being hosted by Karen at Lavender & Lovage.

8 comments:

  1. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL snowy eggs Hannah! LOVELY photos too.....I have bookmarked this page for future egg cooking! Thanks for entering into the Breakfast Club fun.....Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just added you to my new sidebar to, as I am WP now, I lost your old follow link on my old blogger blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely idea! I'll be trying this one!

    Many thanks for taking part in Breakfast Club

    ReplyDelete
  4. PLEASE do link up on the Breakfast Club Page too, for the blog hop! Then more people will see your recipe! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Karen and Helen. I'll link up when I can get on the PC, iPad is being very temperamental this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never seen this idea before but I love it. Looks very tasty and perfect for the current weather!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely idea - wish I'd thought of making it when I finished clearing snow this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Lucy and Phil. I'm constantly on the hunt for new breakfasty/brunchy things and these were delicious. You can whip loads of things into the eggs too, depends what you have in the fridge.

    ReplyDelete