Thursday 5 June 2014

Roasted Flat Peaches


There is a peony bush in the cottage garden and every year is sprouts up these fantastic pink pom poms of ruffled petals. 


As soon as the fat flower buds start to appear, I practically run in from work every night to see whether or not they have bloomed. When they are wet from the rain they slump over, heavy with the water, and threaten any leg that walks past them with being drenched. 


Then they start to fade. A short season of huge pink flowers in the garden. I try and soak in their elegance and their lustre as much as possible before the pink turns to white and the petals start to drop.  


Much like these flat peaches. I try and get as many into my life in the short(ish..) season that the fruit and veg man near my office has them for. A box for a £1.  Can't go wrong.  


Simply preheat the oven to 180o/c and place the peaches in an oven proof dish.  Drizzle with a little honey and bake for 15 minutes, flipping half way through.  Dependant on how ripe your peaches are, you might need to bake them for a little long.  You want the skins to start to loosen and the flesh to be  soft.  Serve hot or cold. 

8 comments:

  1. I love peonies! They are my second most favourite flower. Flat peaches are also excellent - and this is definitely a recipe for those of us readers more at the super-lazy end of the baking scale(s). Hurrah! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. and did you at these withe ice cream? yummmm.
    i've not yet seen a flat peach in real life. i shall look out for them next summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yuuuuuuuuuuuuum, I adore flat peaches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have benefited from reading this article which has been very beautiful. I have got a vegan Bakery shop of my own. Please come to my website and see what I have to do next .it is popular all over the UK

    ReplyDelete
  5. "I've stumbled upon many blogs in my time, but this one stands out. It's like a little library of wisdom, and I'm grateful to have discovered it."
    hollister employee discount

    ReplyDelete
  6. "This blog has a magical way of making even the most intricate subjects accessible to everyone. It's like a bridge between complex ideas and a curious mind."
    archies flip flops

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Your blog on Roasted Flat Peaches is a culinary delight, showcasing a perfect blend of creativity and flavor. The vivid descriptions and tempting visuals make it a treat for both the eyes and the palate. It's like savoring a unique culinary experience, similar to the satisfaction of uncovering an exclusive 'jewson discount code'—your blog is a true gem in the world of gastronomy."

    ReplyDelete